Quick update since my last post on Friday night/Saturday morning.
Our embryos were not quite ready Saturday morning when we were scheduled for our transfer. It was tough news to take, but nothing some heavy tears and long sweat-inducing workout session couldn’t cure.
Luckily, I’m a fighter. I INSISTED I talk with my doctor about allowing a little more time for my embryos to grow prior to freezing them and postponing my transfer for 6 weeks.
Man – am I glad we waiting. Just a short 24 hours later, we had 5 beautiful looking embryos. I went in this morning, met with my doctor and determined, today (January 22, 2012) is the day we are going to try to get pregnant. But at the last minute, I chickened out and decided to only transfer 1 embryo. Gabriel felt otherwise. Our reasoning went like this:
Doctor: (After showing us a picture of the 2 embryos he was proposing we transfer) These are great looking embryo’s – your chances are high.
Me: Chances that they would both implant?
Doctor: Yes, high chance that they would both implant.
Me: Holy shit – TWINS?
Gabriel: Do it!
Gabriel: Yes, I want to get this over with and not have to do it again. If we have twins, we are done.
Me: But I REALLY don’t want to have twins!
Doctor: Then I would not put 2 in.
DONE AND DONE! As always, and with most situations between Gabriel and I (should we watch The Bourne Identity or Runaway Bride, should we have steak and potatoes or tofu and spinach for dinner, should we go for a 6 mile run or go sailing), I won 🙂
I am no officially an incubator to one very handsome/pretty hatched blastocyst.
The next step is that the blastocyst has to implant in my endometriel lining and start producing hCG (a hormone that is made by embryo once it has implanted).
We will not know if this cycle was a success for another week plus. Until then, here’s hoping for good luck!!